Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Revs Make Noonan a Free Agent

The New England Revolution has informed veteran forward Pat Noonan that the club will not pick up the option on his contract, making him a free agent. "This is a great opportunity to try to go overseas," Noonan told the Boston Globe's Frank Dell'Apa from the U.S. national team training camp. "Hopefully, this camp will continue to go well and I'll move on from there." Noonan has played 137 games in five seasons for the Revolution, scoring 42 goals. He scored nine goals last season in 35 games in all competitions.

"This is their choice," said Noonan. "I was not expecting it. They understand what I bring to the table, and I've done it the last five years. I've had a couple injuries, too many, but at the same time, I wouldn't expect that after one year of a new deal they would not pick it up."

Link: http://www.socceramerica.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=25206

No comments: